The northwest ordinance officially titled an ordinance for the government of the territory of the united states north west of the river ohio was adopted by the confederation congress on july 13 1787also known as the ordinance of 1787 the northwest ordinance established a government for the northwest territory outlined the process for admitting a new state to the union and guaranteed . The ordinance of 1787 created the northwest territory which gave rise to five states completely and one other in part the states of ohio indiana illinois michigan wisconsin and part of minnesota came from this territory this volume gives a brief history of that territory and some of the area that we now consider the upper mid west
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.